Thursday, July 9, 2009

"That looks like a lot of fun!"

How many times have I heard that? In phrasing an answer to that I have gone through some changes over the months. Part of the thinking has been to examine exactly why I Trikke. For me, it is exercise pure and simple. Perhaps that is because staying primarily in Trikke Heaven I find Trikking to be, so far, a solitary activity. I have seen one kid with a Trikke and heard about one other adult on a Trikke in my neighborhood. Also, I am not looking to use the Trikke for meeting other people, dating, playing group Trikke games, etc. I work out on my Trikke. I have yet to find another piece of outdoor exercise equipment that is total body and non-impact like the Trikke. Originally, I would respond that I didn't know if I would call it fun, but I could definitely say that it was a good workout. Now that my endurance, form and physical shape have improved, it is less work (unless I push it, which I often do) and more fun. So now I respond that it is a lot of fun (in addition to being a great total body, non-impact workout).

Oh, I did order a new front tire for my T-78cs. It is part TR-003 and Trikke sells them for $8.92 with $5.63 for shipping bringing it to $14.55. That is an acceptable cost for the tire. If I have to buy a new one a couple of times a year, so be it. I think it is excellent testimony for the Trikke that someone would use it so much that the tires wear out. That's a lot of use. I figure that I will buy the inflatible tires for the rear in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment