Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brake issue...

It turned out that while adjusting the brake cable after I moved the brake mechanism to accomodate the 8 " wheels, two of the wire strands in the cable broke which was followed by more breaking. This resulted in wires rubbing on the tire (which I couldn't have) so I had to remove the brake assembly on that side. What a pain. I don't feel that I did anything wrong when I was adjusting the cable tension and the cable was lying in the channel like it was supposed to. Two of the strands just broke which started the breakdown of the cable. I've only had my Trikke for about 5 months so I am unhappy with this. I wonder if it's under warrenty. I'll have to check. Anyway, perhaps this is another reason to go for the T-8 rather than the T-78cs as you wouldn't have to change the brake setup and risk a cable breaking.

Be that as it may, I am back on my Trikke and having a great time. I met another Trikker named Pete. Hi Pete. He got his Trikke last Thanksgiving and apparently has a number of regular paths that he likes to go to (including my neighborhood). It's nice to see another Trikker out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment