Saturday, July 11, 2009

Great leg workout...

One thing that I can get in Trikke Heaven that is difficult to find on bike and jogging trails is the freedom to swing wide in my side to side movements. On a bike/jogging trail, you have to worry about sharing the path with all the other people. Even when you have the path to yourself, it really isn't that wide so you can't take full advantage of the accretion of the burn in your leg muscles that you can get with really wide side to side movements. It's like slow lifting of weights to increase your burn and build up to 50% more muscle mass. I really feel it in my legs when I swing wide (which I can easily do with two full car lanes to work with). While you can only build one or two pounds of muscle a month, putting on 3 lbs. of muscle burns an extra 9000 calories a month or an extra 100 calories per pound of muscle per day. All that adds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment