Sunday, July 19, 2009

Changing a tire...

I said in an earlier post that it would be like changing a bike tire, but that wasn't really true. Because of the smaller size, the 8 1/2 " Trikke tire is thicker and less flexible than a bike tire. Consequently, it is harder to get over the rim of the wheel. Trikke sells plastic paddles for helping change tires. While I was able to make do with other implements I think I will order a set of these (less than $10) when I order my next tire.

I overestimated how long I could make the T-78cs hard rubber tires last. I'm beginning to think that I won't have the few weeks more of usage that I thought I had. I also am curious what the air tires on the back will be like. Once the new tire was on the front, I wanted to have new air tires on the back. Once I have upgraded to the air tires I will only have to replace tires as needed (less than $9 per tire). I still don't know how many miles one can expect to get from a Trikke tire.

I think I will order the air tires for the back wheels tonight. I'll probably get delivery by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment