Friday, July 24, 2009

Changing from 7" poly wheels to air tires...

The tires finally came today and I switched the new wheels onto my Trikke. When I was putting the new 8 1/2 " wheels on, I thought the hardest part was moving the brake setup. Before you start, you should loosen the brake cable to take the tension off of the brake. You have to move the springs to the last little hole and then thread the bolt through the springs and through the last big holes in the frame. The bolt goes through the big hole and the end of the spring goes through the little hole next to it. After I got the wheels on, I went out and had them inflated to 80 psi as recommended. I then came home and went Trikking. By this time I had gone into Trikke withdrawal. After checking out the new path in the park, I have to report that I am very happy with the new paved path. It is about 60% finished to Duke St. I imagine that the work will be finished soon and then I'll have more than 1/2 mile to ride on with a lot of ups and downs which I have to say makes it a little more interesting and challenging.

I am having trouble with the brake adjustment though. I get it set and the wheels are spinning freely but if I apply the brakes a couple of times, it isn't adjusted properly anymore and the brakes drag. I'll readjust it in the morning and tighten them down really well. The brake cable must be slipping a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment