Saturday, July 11, 2009

Community Building

I went out Trikking at 8 in the evening. This was after my earlier post musing whether I might be overdoing it. I'm enjoying Trikking so much that I went out anyway and, of course, it was fine. I certainly feel like I got a good workout today.

My point about community building is based on my experience in Trikke Heaven. I found as I went Trikking up and down my street that I met or met again a number of my neighbors. I was down at the other end of the street tonight when a little boy that I have talked to before said, "Hi, Mr. (pause) Scooter". I called back, "It's David". And another connection was made.

Anything that helps build a sense of community in a neighborhood is very welcome wherever you live. I hope to see my neighbors out on Trikkes soon. I've had many people say that they were very interested in getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment