Saturday, August 22, 2009

When it's too wet to Trikke...

It rained most of the day. No Trikking today. Tomorrow, I have obligations until evening. But, by then the chance of rain should be minimal and I will be out on my Trikke again. Night Trikking! It's always cooler and if there are no clouds, I will be able to stargaze as I ride. I love the feel of the wind in my face as I roll down the road and enjoy the evening sky. I wonder what the moon will be like tomorrow night. Today I spent time cleaning my house and working out on my favorite inside exercise machine, the Gazelle. I've had it for years and it's my machine of choice for inside. I have yet to do a winter of Trikking but I imagine that the Trikke can be used in the cold weather unless it is raining or snowing. (I know, there is a Trikke for snow but I think I will stick to pavement for now). In the colder weather it's just going to be a matter of dressing for the weather and I would think that dressing in layers would be the best method. One certainly would not have to worry much about getting cold. The Trikke is such a good workout that I should be able to generate all the heat that I need. I think winter Trikking could be very exhilarating!

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    I'm looking forward to fall trikking where the weather allows me to ride without as much hydration loss! I sweat too much while trikking in the summer. Love the light breeze that cools and dries! Not so sure about the winter wind chill though. We'll see. Carve Diem!

    Spencer @ http://www.capitaltrikke.com

    ReplyDelete